Thursday, November 24, 2005

Feminist of the Day: What's the Point?

I have a semi-regular feminist of the day feature. I got out of the habit of writing it, and so I'd start again by explaining why I do it.


Margaret Thatcher
First female Prime Minister of Britain
"If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman."

Spacefem.com runs a nifty feature called Feminist of the Day. You put some code up on your website and each day a feminist pops up, with a quote and a link. I liked this feature, but because I felt that some of the women weren't exactly sisters, I didn't want to simply have the feature without comment, because I couldn't have Margaret Thatcher described as a feminist on my blog. So I thought I'd use the feminist of the day to explore my ideas about feminism, both now and in the past, and rant about anything which came to mind.

For some reason Margaret Thatcher is again Feminist of the Day, so I'll simply link to the two previous times that I have written about her.

Tomorrow's Feminist of the Day is Eleanor Roosevelt, and I've already written about her as well. But unless Saturday's Feminist of the Day is another I'll rant about feminism with a vengance then.

No comments:

Post a Comment