Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"How would he like it if I went round claiming that he gave me his full backing when I sent the tsunami last year?"

I'm a big fan of Steve Bell's cartoons, have been long before I could understand them (my parents had If cartoon books when I was a kid). But it wasn't until recently that I realised that the crazy look Tony Blair always has on his face wasn't hyperbole, but just good drawing. In case there was any doubt Tony Blair has recently used God as back-up in his decision to invade Iraq. I would try to comment on this, but Terry Jones has already done so, and he was a Python, so chances are he's funnier than me:

A source says Gabriel has spent days trying to dissuade the Almighty from loosing a plague of toads upon the Blair family. Gabriel reminded God that Cherie and the children had nothing to do with Tony's decisions. God's response, it is reliably reported, was: "Blair says the Iraqis are lucky to have got bombed, so how can he complain if his family gets a few toads in the bath?"
PS speaking of plagues of frogs go check out the Brick Testament - because a plague of frogs in lego is an experience not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment