Monday, May 22, 2006

Well if he's influencing the next generation of men, then we've got nothing to worry about

There's a reasonably interesting article about sex education in the Sunday Star Times about sex education (I was shocked too, I ususally just buy it to make fun of the expensive clothes). But some of it was pretty scary. There was a boys school that forwarded an information pack on STI to the local girls schools, because boys don't need to worry about that sort of thing.

Rector Tim O'Connor from Palmerston North Boys High School has this to say about consent

They also need to be mindful that they are not putting themselves in an environment where they could be accused of date rape
Pesky accusations are obviously the main thing boys need to worry about when they're having non-consensaul sex.

In a way it's a step forward. The reason I laid a complaint was the hope that just one guy would be careful around women, in case he runs into another angry bitch. But I just wish men could tell other men to treat women as people because we are people.

1 comment:

  1. That article pissed me off too. I read it and I was like, "How about just telling the boys not to rape anyone?" Grrr#%$^&*#$ inarticulate rage!!!

    ReplyDelete