Monday, August 13, 2007

Secrets

This Post Secret movie, is beautiful:

My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own.
Buffy - Earshot

I love Post Secret - and it does make me think about Buffy.* Each person who writes in a secret is reaching beyond themselves, trying to do something with their pain, trying to make a connection. People read the site and feel less alone. It's not much, it's not enough, everyone who writes in deserves so much more than to have their work read, to realise they're not alone, but it's a start.

*But then looking at linoleum sometimes makes me think about Buffy

2 comments:

  1. yeah . . . everything makes me think of Buffy too . . . :) And that movie is beautiful. I should go to postsecret more often and even send them stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 pm

    Maia, that link is the wrong one. Is it meant to be to http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ or do they have a separate website? (because there's not much on the blog).

    ReplyDelete