Monday, February 27, 2006

A couple of bits and pieces

I don't really drink beer, mostly because I don't really like it, but because almost every beer ad is actually just clubhouse whose main purpose is the 'no girls allowed' sign on the door. Now it seems I will have to avoid drinking vodka as well. 42 below is using a Russian Bride as a prize for its competition (in the accompanying picture she is scrubbing the floor). It's a good think I'm almost a teetotaller.

There will be no protest blogging this week, because the last few days have been extremely exhausting. I will resume the series next week (when it will become a series and not just a once off).

I haven't written about the Air NZ situation, because I was just too exhausted, and I wanted to be able to do it justice. This is a good article. But what made me furious is that every single news article referred to the plan as saving 300 jobs. They ignored the jobs that would still be lost, and the conditions that would be lost. Now obviously the workers who are facing those choices are the best people to make those decisions. But the least the news media could do is tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment