Friday, November 02, 2007

Another day supporting terorrists

On Monday 15 October I sat in court and heard that my friends were being remanded with consent for days. I was appalled and distraught that they were going to be in jail for that long.

Today has been one of the best days I've had since that Monday, simply because I got to see Val, Em & a 23 year old musician.* In court today we got to show them we love them, we got to be solid with them. Now when someone asks you how you are it isn't to be compared with what life had been, but with our reality now. Seeing them is an automatic ten on my new scale.

PS In other news, I thought the only things that could make me happy involved the words 'bail'. But Joss Whedon having a new TV show comes pretty damn close.

* I sound just like the media, although hopefully not for long. One journalist said "he doesn't look like a terrorist" when my name-suppressed friend entered the dock. She wasn't the first person to say that. Maybe he'll run that as his defence 'I'm white, everyone knows I can't be a terrorist.'

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:39 pm

    Maia,

    I thought that WINZ requires you to go actively look for jobs rather than going to court to support your so called terrorists. I wish that I could go to court myself, but I was busy working to pay tax so that people like you could just cruise around with WINZ support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:52 pm

    I took the day off from my job to go
    so did Maia

    Mr G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:33 am

    Likewise - Binary Heart

    ReplyDelete