Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mission Accomplished

I may be able to end my quest for political common ground with George Bush. He criticisedPat Robertson for saying:

During his show, Robertson said, “Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition; but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The Prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who ‘divide my land.’ God considers this land to be his. You read the Bible, he says ‘this is my land’ and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he’s going to carve it up and give it away, God says ‘No, this is mine.’”

Continued Robertson, “And the same thing, I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated. It was a terrible thing to happen, but nevertheless he was dead, and now Ariel Sharon, who is again a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I’ve prayed with him personally, but here he’s at the point of death. He was dividing God’s land. And I would say, woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or the United States of America. God says, ‘This land belongs to me. You better leave it alone.’”
I'm fairly sure that I couldn't even agree on the colour of the sky if I was unlucky enough to have a conversation with Pat Robertson.

As for Ariel Sharon, he's the same person he was before he had the stroke, but lacking a vengeful God I can't claim any connection.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I've been screaming about on my lj. The only explanation I can come to is that PR has tertiary syphillus, I mean no healthy person can be that insane.

    ReplyDelete