Thursday, July 26, 2007

Strength

"Louise - Nicholas - is - My - Hero. Who is Louise Nicholas?" The kid who had been reading my patch was seven, and I didn't know how to answer him. I didn't know how many of the concepts I'd have to explain. So I just said that some police officers had hurt her, and she'd fought against them.

I have so much to say in response to today's evidence in the John Dewar trial:

Mrs Nicholas told Dewar [Clint Rickards, Bob Schollum and Brad Shipton] had "treated me like an animal".

"You're not the only one," Dewar replied.
But first I need to say how awed I am by Louise Nicholas's strength.

2 comments:

  1. She's an incredibly strong person. Not many people would have the guts to go through what she has.

    I'll be really, really interested to see how this trial turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She constantly amazes me. Strong is definitely the word. She must also have a very supportive family, which is great. I don't see how anyone could stand this alone.

    ReplyDelete